Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HAPPY 2012!!!!


This year I want to focus on more creative scrapbooking, more inspirational topics, more completed projects...  Scrapbook albums and projects that will be more meaningful....  Topics you will scrapbook about which will add value and fulfillment to your life.....  Projects you can, and will want to complete, show off, and hold onto for life!


The first month's theme is "Fresh Perspectives."   I want to start the year talking about fresh perspectives, new ideas, fresh beginnings, and how to cultivate the BEST YEAR yet!  For me, I am going to spend a little more time being more creative.  I've been allowing myself more time to add embellishments and other types of crafting medium to my scrapbook pages. I have also starting making cards which can really get the creative juices flowing! Recently, when I was looking through past projects, the ones I love the most are the projects where I was able to be creative with my pages and create the "memorable" images.  I love the projects where I let go of my inhibitions ... forgot about "I don't do that" or "I can't do this".  I've heard other scrappers/crafters say, "I don't use stickers" or "I don't like the color pink" or "I can't hand-write on my pages."  Truth be told, I've said a few of these myself.  But, then I started to ask myself "why"? Let's let go of those ideas and JUST CREATE and be crafty!  Doodle, draw, write, paint, color, stamp, and enjoy incorporating some creativity into your life!   


So, here is your challenge.... take something you USE to create with... paints, crayons, pencils, yarn, embroidery floss, even something you used as a child, and make a project with it.  It could just be coloring at a restaurant, or doodling on your notepad at work, or finger painting with your kids... how did that feel.... did it bring back good memories.... can you get some fresh new ideas using those mediums?  This month, and this year, we will be about taking time to create!  I believe EVERYONE is creative, just don't let your own inhibitions take over.  Go create!

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment